Changelog January 2020
Timo, January 31, 2020
Our hosting platform is constantly changing. In order to offer the best managed WordPress hosting services as a provider, we continue to innovate. In addition, we would like to keep you informed of the changes we are making. In this changelog you can read which development steps we have been taking lately.
What did we do this month?
- Stop TLS 1.1.
- Start TLS 1.3
- PHP 7.4 for shared servers available (VPS will follow soon).
- New ordering process for new customers. Simplified single page order page.
- Improved SPF record settings for outgoing mail.
- Let’s Encrypt renewal process updated. Increased stability now.
- Improved communication protocol in case of website failure. With some new implemented tools we’re able to inform customers faster in case of a website failure.
Explanation TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.3
As of February 5th TLS 1.1 will not be supported anymore on our platform. This outdated protocol will be deactivated as it’s no longer safe. We don’t expect this to effect you or any of your website visitors. All major web browsers have also indicated that they will no longer support TLS 1.1 and will stop the support for this encryption protocol in the first quarter of 2020. On the 5th of February we will release TLS 1.3 on the complete platform.
If you have any questions regarding the changed that we’ve made, please feel free to contact us. You can always ask us for more information or a more in depth explanation.