Do words like PHP, MySQL, Composer, PHP unit, GIT, Ruby Docker and Redis make your developer heart beat faster? Do these technologies hold few secrets for you and are you capable of converting ideas into working and secure applications? If so, then we want to meet you.
We are looking for a creative developer to develop and maintain our back-end systems and web applications. In this position, you will work as part of a professional and enthusiastic team on optimising and developing our REST API, provisioning tools, client portals, ordering systems and other (web-based) applications.
Who are you?
- Minimum higher vocational education (HBO) work and thinking level, with relevant work experience
- Familiar with current (web) technologies such as Docker, Elasticsearch, Rails or AMQP
- Knowledge of Linux and WordPress is a prerequisite
- Familiar with testing frameworks and deployment strategies, such as PHPUnit and Capistrano
- A team player with a focus on security, performance and privacy
- Curious, enterprising, creative and flexible
- As a member of a team, you will work on automation, features and maintenance for a hosting platform with which we serve thousands of clients
- You will work using Scrum tools to improve our platform in an agile manner
- You believe in as much automation of processes as possible to ensure the highest possible level of uniformity and quality across the entire hosting platform
- You can serve as a technical consultant for both internal departments and clients
You and Savvii
Starting on your first day at the company, you will be an essential part of a professional team. Your future? You will shape your own future by continuously developing yourself and by proactively seizing opportunities. We believe that your added value is greatest if you enjoy going to work. We consider personal development, responsibility and substantive challenges to be essential to ensure the enjoyment of the work. Because we give you the space to utilize your talents to their full extent and through the sparring opportunities with skilled colleagues, you will continually work on your own development.
What makes it attractive for you to work for us?
- Competitive salary that grows in tandem with your ambition
- Informal work environment in a modern building equipped with lounge and roof terrace
- New laptop to enable you to work smoothly
- Challenging work with your own responsibilities and growth potential
- Training opportunities
- Time to experiment with new web technologies, such as in the form of hackathons
- 100% travel allowance when travelling by public transport
- Supplemental: chair massage by a real professional, company fitness programme, free fruit and media library
Savvii is located in the centre of Nijmegen and is easily accessible by both private and public transport.
Savvii is the Managed WordPress host in Europe. Only hosting, only WordPress. Full stop.
This focus enables us to offer our clients the best hosting. We innovate continuously in the area of speed, scalability, security and convenience.
Our company is made up of young people with a passion for technology, gadgets and the latest developments on the Internet. As an organisation, we place a high value on commitment and we ensure that you can demonstrate an entrepreneurial character. At our company, you are allowed to make mistakes. We are open about that: internally and towards our clients. We also believe in sharing: for example, we organise the WordPress meet-up Nijmegen, sponsor and organise WordCamps and we also speak at the WordCamps.
“For me as a developer, working at Savvii is extremely interesting because we automate all of our tooling and allow them to communicate with each other by means of (REST) APIs. Control panels are written in PHP (Slim framework, composer-based) and the central API in Ruby on Rails. We focus strongly on the division of responsibilities within our infrastructure. The business logic, for example, is only in the API. We also utilise modern technologies where necessary, for example, we enable the exchange of messages between servers and our API by means of the AMQP protocol. Additionally, for provisioning our services, we use tools such as Chef and Ansible. Because we want to keep the quality of our code high, we test our code and make use of tools such as Code Climate, which focuses on the quality, code style and best practices of our code. We conduct testing by means of tools such as PHPUnit, MiniTest for Ruby and Travis CI for continuous integration testing”. – Arno Bot, DevOps Engineer
Are you the candidate that we’re looking for? If so, don’t wait any longer and send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Certificate of Good Behaviour [Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag] will also be required as part of the application procedure. For more information, please contact Jessy Cloosterman at +31(0)24-3605040. Of course, you can always stop by for a cup of coffee or tea to get an impression of the pleasant working atmosphere.